- Wang LZ, Gorlin J, Michaud SE, Janmey PA, Goddeau RP, Kuuse R, Uibo R,Adams D, Sawyer ES, 2000. Purification of salmon clotting factors and their use as tissue sealants. Thrombosis Research 100:537-48.
- Reid TJ, Fuller ET, Janmey PA, Sawyer ES, Fudge JM, Mochmer KL, Peat RA, Seelbaugh JP. 2001. Efficacy of hemostatic dressings with salmon fibrinogen and thrombin in a rat hip-penetrating injury model. Blood 78(11) suppl 76B.
- Michaud SE, Wang LZ, Korde N, Bucki R, Randhawa PK, Pastore JJ, Falet H, Hoffmeister K, Kuuse R, Uibo R, Herod J, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA. 2002. Purification of salmon thrombin and its potential as an alternative to mammalian thrombins in fibrin sealants. Thrombosis Research 107:245-54.
- Sieminsky AL, Gooch KJ, 2004. Salmon fibrin supports an increased number of sprouts and decreased degradation while maintainng sprout length relative to human fibrin in an in vitro model of angiogenesis. J Bioma. Sci. Polymer Edn. 15(2):237-42.
- Rothwell SW,Reid TJ, Dorsey J, Flourney WS, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA. 2005. A salmon fibrinogen-thrombin bandage controls arterial bleeding in a swine aortotomy model. J Trauma 59(1):143-49.
- Gosalia DN, Salisbury CM, Maly DJ, Ellman JA, Diamond SL. 2005. Profiling serine protease substrate specificity with solution phase fluorogenic peptide microarrays. Proteonomics 5:1292-98.
- Georges PC, McCormick M, Flanagan LA, Ju Y, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA. 2006. Tuning the elasticity of biopolymer gels for optimal wound healing. Mater Res Soc Symp Proc 897E:1-6.
- Laidmåe I, McCormick ME, Herod JH, Pastore JJ, Salum T, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA, Uibo R. 2006. Stability, sterility, coagulation, and immunologic studies of salmon coagulation proteins with potential for mammalian wound healing and cell engineering. Biomaterials 27:5771-9.
- Ju YE, Janmey PA, McCormick ME, Sawyer ES, Flanagan LA. 2007. Enhanced neurite growth from mammalian neurons in three-dimensional salmon fibrin gels. Biomaterials 28:2097-2108.
- Laidmåe, I., Salum, T. & Uibo, R. 2007. Biological effect of salmon fibrin glue on rats. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 32, S44-S44
- Choo, AM, Winer JP, Winkelstein BA, Smith DH, Janmey PA, Meaney DF. 2008.
Salmon -derived fibrin for the acute treatment of cortical ablation brain injuries. J Neurotrauma 25:869-869.
- Uibo R, Laidmåe I, Sawyer ES, Flanagan LA, Georges PC, Winer JP, Janmey PA. 2009. Soft materials to treat central nervous system injuries: Evaluation of the suitability of non-mammalian fibrin gels. Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:924-30.
- Rothwell SW, Sawyer ES, Dorsey J, Flourney WS, Settle T, Simpson D, Cadd G, Janmey PA, White C, Szabo KA, 2009. Wound healing and the immune response in swine treated with a hemostatic bandage composed of salmon thrombin and fibrinogen. J Mater Sci Mater Med 20(10):2155-66.
- Laidmåe I, Salum T, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA, Uibo R. 2010. Chacterization of the biological effect of fish fibrin glue in experiments on rats: Immunological and coagulation studies. J Biomed Mater Res A93(1):29-36.
- Laidmåe I, Veski P, Uibo R. low immunogenicity of salmon fibrin glue. 2011. Eur J Pharm. Sci. 44:25-26.
- Rothwell SW, Settle T, Wallace S,Dorsey D, Simpson D, Bowman JR, Janmey P,
Sawyer ES. 2010. The long term response of swine after two exposures to a salmon thrombin and fibrinogen hemostatic bandage. Biologicals 38:619-628.
- Weisshaar CL, Winer JP, Guarino, BB,, Janmey PA, Winkelstein BA, 2011.
The potential for salmon fibrin and thrombin to mitigate pain subsequent to cervical nerve root injury. Biomaterials:9738-9746.
- Laidmåe I, Belozjorova J, Sawyer ES, Janmey PA, Uibo R. 2012. Salmon fibrin glue in rats: Antibody studies. Biologicals:J International Assoc Biological Standardization. 40:55-60.
- Sharp KG, Dickson AR, Marchenko SA, Yee KM, Emery PN, Laidmåe I, Uibo R, Sawyer ES, Steward O, Flanagan LA. 2012. Salmon fibrin treatment of spinal cord injury promotes functional recovery and density of serotonergic innervation. Exp Neurol 235(1):345-56.
- Floyd CT, Rothwell SW, Martin R, Risdahl J, Olson CE. 2012. A salmon thrombin-fibrinogen dressing controls hemorrhage in a swine model compared to standard kaolin-coated gauze. J. Special Operations Medicine 12(1):48-54.
- Floyd CT,Rothwell SW, Risdahl J, Martin R, Olson C, Rose N. 2012. Salmon thrombin-fibrinogen dressing allows greater survival and preserves distal blood flow compared to standard kaolin gauze in coagulapathic swine with a standardized lethal femoral artery injury. J Special Operations Medicine 12(2):16-22.
- Rothwell SW, Settle TL, Sawyer E, Lombardini E, Royal J, Haiying T, Bodo M. 2013. Comparison of fibrinogen and collagen-based treatments for penetrating wounds with comminuted fractures in a swine model. J. Special Oper. Med 13(1).:7-18
- Smith JR, Syre P, Oake SA, Nicholson KJ, Weisshaar CL, Cruz K, Bucki R, Baumann BC, Janmey PA, Winkelstein BA. 2013. Salmon and human thrombin differentially regulate radicular pain. glial-induced inflammation, and spinal neuronal excitability through protease-activated receptor-1. PLoS One 8(11): e80006
- Bodo M, Settle T, Royal J, Lombardini E, Sawyer E, Rothwell SW. 2013. Multimodal noninvasive monitoring of soft tissue wound healing. J Clin Monit Comput 27(6):677-.
- Giuvelis D, Cormier J, Winkelstein B, Sawyer ES, Bilsky EJ. 2013. Assessment of the antinociceptive effects of salmon thrombin in preclinical models of post-operative pain. Arrowhead Pain Therapeutics Summit. Boston MA. Sept. 25, 2013
- Lewandowski G, Steward O. 2014. AAVshRNA-mediated suppression of PTEN in adult rats in combination with salmon fibrin administration enables regenerative growth of corticospinal axons and enhances recovery of voluntary motor function after cervical spinal cord injury. J. Neuroscience 34(30):9951-62.
- Arulmoli J et al. 2016. Combination scaffolds of salmon fibrin, hyaluronic acid, and laminin for human neural stem cell and vascular tissue engineering. Acta Biomater. August 2016 e-pub.
- Smith JR, Galie PA, Slochower DR, Weisshaar CL, Janmey PA, Winkelstein BA. 2016. Salmon thrombin inhibits development of chronic pain through an endothelial barrier protective mechanism dependent on APC. Biomaterials Feb. 80:96-105.