Salmon plasma proteins are purified from the blood of farmed salmon (S.salar). After the fish are stunned for harvest, the blood is drawn by needle using a process similar to that for human blood banking.
All salmon blood products have uniques properties, are naturally free of mammalian viruses and prions, and the lyophilized proteins can be rehydrated and used at room temperature and below.
Salmon fibrinogen (SEA-133) and fibrin ECM
- Superior to Matrigel for neurite outgrowth and neuronal cell growth (Ju et al. Biomaterials. 2007 April; 28 (12): 2097-2108)
- More efficient ECM (60-188%) than human derived fibrin gels for angiogenesis. (Sieminski et al. 2004. J Biomater Sci Polym. Ed 15(2):237-42)
- Excellent proliferation and differentiation of stem cells
- Slower gel degradation in vitro and in vivo
- Selection and growth of tumorigenic cells (Liu J et al. Nat. Mater. 2012 Jul 1, 11(8):734-41)
Salmon thrombin (SEA-135)
- Optimal polymerization of salmon fibrinogen
- Significant and sustained analgesia for pain studies (Weisshaar et al. 2011 Biomaterials:9738-9746)
- Potential alternative for opioids.
- Blocks disruption of blood-brain barrier. (Smith et al. 2016. BioMaterials 80: 96-105).
Salmon fibronectin (SEA-136) COMING SOON!
- Significantly improved attachment and growth of mammalian cells compared to bovine and human fibronectin
Sea-Block – a blocking agent for diagnostic applications is dsitributed by East Coast Bio, Inc.
Sea-Grow – a salmon plasma product for culture of fish and insect cells, is distributed by East Coast Bio, Inc.