Salmon blood clots rapidly and salmon can regenerate their spinal cord. Sea Run has found that these capabilities result in part from their coagulation proteins fibrinogen and thrombin (fibrin). Salmon plasma proteins are safe and effective, and could transform the treatment of acute pain, bleeding, and neural injury.
Salmon proteins induce antibodies, but these antibodies do not cross-react with host proteins, and there has been no adverse response in hundreds of host animals.
SEA-STAT®TH is a salmon plasma product that provides an effective treatment for acute pain. In animal models, a single application of SEA-STAT®TH has:
- Reduced pain after neural and soft tissue injury (Smith JR et al. 2013 PLoS ONE 8(11) e80006) (Weisshaar et al. 2011 Biomaterials: 9738-9746)
- Maintained pain relief for up to 7 days
- Provided an effective alternative to opioids for post-surgical, bone, and burn pain.
- Prevented disruption of blood-brain barrier.
SEA-STAT® is a salmon fibrin product for hemostasis. Animal studies have demonstrated consistent performance equal or superior to mammalian-derived fibrin sealants. (Rothwell et al. 2005 J. Trauma 59(1):143-49) (Floyd et al. 2012. J. Spec. Oper. Med. 12(2):16-22)
SEA-STAT®CNS is a salmon fibrin product which has shown remarkable efficacy in animal trials of spinal cord injury (SCI) and traumatic brain injury (TBI). Salmon fibrin has:
- Reduced neuroinflammation (Sharp KG et al. 2012 Exp. Neurol. 235(1):345-56)
- Spared inured neurons
- Enhanced neurite outgrowth and surival of stem cells
- Suppressed inhibitory cytokines and glial scar
- Promoted functional recovery